Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2016-12-29 House Republicans will ring in the new year with a plan to permanently cripple government (via): Republicans making government more bureaucratic and wasteful -- but remember, they're the "small government" party.
- 2016-12-27 So Long, Democracy: House Republicans Want to Ban Livestreams and Photos From the Floor of Congress
- 2016-12-22 North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy: The NC General Assembly, which in 2013 gained a Republican majority for the first time in recent history, have been working assiduously to entrench their power by disenfranchising anyone who doesn't like them.
- 2016-09-24 Behold the GOP’s not-so-secret plan to dismantle government services: Defund, degrade and then privatize (via)
- 2016-09-16 After key donations, GOP tried to keep poisoned kids from suing lead makers
- 2016-07-12 5 sacred GOP beliefs even more unpopular than Trump: why do these people still win elections?
- 2016-06-28 UPDATE: Mississippi State Representative offers jaw-dropping response to diabetic child's mother: When a mother asked Mississippi State Representative Jeffrey Guice (R) for help clearing bureaucratic snarls so her daughter could more reliably obtain the medications necessary to stay alive, Guice responded with a suggestion that she should pay for it herself. 
- 2016-06-10 Republican Senator Prays For God To Kill Obama As Soon As Possible: 'Let His Children Be Fatherless': Do they really not understand how thoroughly evil it is to say that? Not that God will do anything -- but evangelicals in the audience may come to believe that killing Obama would be a good thing and socially acceptable to their peers.
- 2016-06-09 Small bomb blows up Target bathroom while company faces right-wing wrath for transgender policy -- because trans people are apparently so awesome that they're a deadly threat even without actually ever having attacked anyone (Toilets of Terror)
- 2016-05-19 Congress Is Using Zika To Weaken Truck Safety Republicans tacked funding for Zika virus prevention onto two different bills (one House, one Senate) rolling back safety regulations, hoping that the need for virus prevention would force Democrats to support the bills.
- 2016-05-11 NC School District To Allow Pepper Spray, Citing 'Bathroom Bill': We need "zero tolerance" for pocket knives and t-shirts that might be "gang-related", but pepper-spraying trans people is fine. (see Toilets of Terror)
- 2016-05-08 AZ Republicans Try to Pack State Supreme Court: "The Republican party seems to think that judicial independence, which the Founding Fathers said was absolutely crucial to maintaining a free society, is their enemy. When a court doesn’t rule the way they want, they talk impeachment, defunding, refusing to comply with the ruling. And now, in Arizona, packing the court."
- 2016-05-01 Sam Brownback Gutted Kansas: How America’s Worst Governor and an Ultra-Conservative Ideology Wrecked an Entire State: once again, Republicans prove that either they can't do math or they have a very different definition of "good economy" than the rest of us. Either way, they lie about being more fiscally responsible than Democrats; that's counterfactual.
- 2016-04-26 GOP: It's OK for Corporations to Kill Workers: If you view political decisions as being like a sports match, where winning is everything, then it doesn't matter what the cause is; you fight for it if your "team" is for it, regardless of how wrong it might be.
- 2016-04-12 Iowa schools placed on lockdown after conservative dad threatens to 'retaliate' over sex ed classes (via): a father is driven – by right-wing rhetoric, endorsed by the Republican mainstream, which has reinforced the popular but false belief that proper sex education is a Terrible Threat – to make terroristic threats because the school his child attends is trying to educate its students properly... and despite the fact that he was given a chance to opt out. (...of educating his child properly.)
- 2016-04-04 Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to ‘one person, one vote’: "The group that brought the challenge, the Project on Fair Representation, expressed disappointment that the justices 'were unwilling to reestablish the original principle of one-person, one vote[...].'" -- but that's exactly what the Court did. The dysconservatives wanted "one qualified voter, one vote", in yet another attempt to diminish the influence of the less-privileged by some small amount, even if they have to go against the Constitution.
- 2016-03-29 Seven Years Late, Media Elites Finally Acknowledge GOP's Radical Ways (via) "The truth is, anyone with clear vision recognized a long time ago that the GOP has transformed itself since 2009 into an increasingly radical political party, one built on complete and total obstruction. It's a party designed to make governing difficult, if not impossible, and one that plotted seven years ago to shred decades of Beltway protocol and oppose every inch of Obama's two terms. ("If he was for it, we had to be against it," former Republican Ohio Sen. George Voinovich once explained.)"