Jump to navigation Jump to search
Florida governor Ron DeSantis has campaigned against mask safety and signed a law preventing schools from implementing proper masking to protect their students. He has also refused to declare the pandemic as an emergency.
- DeSantis' executive order is misleading about lack of scientific support for masking in schools (via via) by Amanda Marcotte: he's basically cherry-picking the evidence and using it inappropriately
- ...while pushing a widely unavailable and expensive treatment from which he stands to profit (Regeneron monoclonal antibody treatment):
- Ron DeSantis has a very good reason to be pro-virus, and it's exactly what everyone $u$pect$
- DeSantis top donor invests in COVID drug governor promotes "Citadel, a Chicago-based hedge fund, has $15.9 million in shares of Regeneron Pharmaceutical Inc., according to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Citadel CEO Ken Griffin has donated $10.75 million to a political committee that supports DeSantis — $5.75 million in 2018 and $5 million last April. / BlackRock, which has primarily donated to Democratic candidates, though has also donated substantially to Republicans, has a large holding in the company - more so than Citadel."
- 2021-08-13 Florida's 'Mini-Trump' Loses Teacher Clash: 'I Don't Have That Power' (video: MSNBC, 2:14)
- 2021-08-04 Florida Hospitals Fighting to Get Oxygen With 'Hand Tied' (via) "Florida hospitals are struggling to get oxygen due to a rise in Covid-19 cases attributable to the delta variant and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s decision not to declare another state of emergency."
- 2021-08-02 DeSantis did it: He finally got a Florida pandemic surge that will top all the others
- 2021-07-31 Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signs bill that would strip schools of funding for imposing a mask mandate for students
- 2021-07-30 Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issues order banning mask mandates in schools "Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday barred local school districts from requiring students to wear masks even as the nation fights a resurgence of coronavirus."
- 2021-07-29 In Utah, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis rails against 'Faucian dystopia': DeSantis rails against masks, and unmasked ALEC attendees love it